Tuesday, August 5, 2008

some new sketches and whatnot


Sorry it's been so long since I posted here - my day job has been keeping me quite busy in California. Just got back, though, and I've got some new art! I drew up some tattoo designs for a friend of mine. These were a lot of fun.
He wanted a big "Viking Guy", so I did a little research and came up with Odin, the Norse god of War.

I drew him up sitting on the throne holding his spear, which I think was a nice pose - very masculine - which exactly what the client wanted. Anyway, he's also got a lot of zombies on his back and a giant grim reaper, so I suggested a few Egyptian Vultures - the ceremonial "death birds" of that ancient civilization to tie it all together.



I drew everything up separate, but Odin will go in the middle, just below the collar, and the vultures will go on either side, with the wings dipping behind Odin. I think these turned out pretty good, what do you think?

jon

No comments: